This theme sustains enhanced and sustainable management environmental resources, including water, air quality, biodiversity and the landscape. It also addresses climate change issues, including flood risk and the need for low-carbon economy.
- Renewable Energy Production (wind, hydro, biomass etc) - Megawatts and % of renewable energy type
- Greenhouse gas emissions - Tonnes CO2 eq. per individual
- Population at Risk of Flooding (living in flood prone areas) - % of total population
- Number and Status of protected European habitats and species
- Percentage of Municipal Waste recycled - Tonnes or % recycled of total volume of household waste produced
- Water Quality Status - Absolute values of the actual status or objective met/failed (as per WFD for groundwater, rivers, lakes, estuarine, coastal)