this theme is based on the principles of balanced economic development and settlement-infrastructure alignment, entailing well-managed and effective spatial development that is tailored to local needs. It supports polycentricism and compact cities that take account of territorial capacities and assets.
- Population Density/Population Change - # of people per km2, Absolute values for change in population
- House Completions - Absolute values or % of total housing stock
- Modal Split - % of total number of trips (bus, rail, car, bicycle)
- Land Use Change - % of total (building, road, domestic, green space, agri, woodland, water etc)
- Services (hospitals & schools) - Travel time (minutes) to hospital schools)